Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Manjar Crepe in Mendoza

On the last day of my trip to Mendoza, my last meal before I headed back to Chile, I ordered a manjar-filled crepe.

Luckily for me it was the most wonderful tasting desert that was only shadowed by the layer cake at Juan Valdez (and just slightly).

The crepes were decorated on top with melted dark-brown sugar. It didn't look super appealing because the sugar reminded me of black caviar. But what it lacked in presentation, it made up for in taste. While the crepe and the manjar were soft and gooey, the sugar on top added another, crunchier texture which, well, made it a lot of fun to eat.

My only hope is that I can find something similar in Chile.

Check it out:
Doesn't it look like two slabs of cajun chicken? Yeah, not the most appealing looking but trust me, quite a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment